My Acne Story PART #2 | The Rosy Cloud

By Sharleen Lee - 2:14 AM

Hey guys, so today I will continue my acne story from the last post. 

So here's the thing. The area would just be around my chin, nose, and mouth. My forehead and my cheeks area were just fine.


I did some research about acne, and what I find about acne was that the place where you breakout have some meanings behind it. 


So basically, my acne was caused most by hormones / stress. It was cystic acne which was very painful. It have a bump in your skin and really hard to heal. It was never ending acne in my chin. I already tried so many different products that just did not work. 




Here were few photos about my acne. You might not see it very clearly, but it lot worse in real life. After I came back from China, I did go to another dermatologist. But, his prescription was not working on me. He gave me antibiotics, and the whole skincare package, but my acne was still there. 

Until one day, my mom went to one drugstore, and she recommended "Roacutane 10ml".
At first, I don't know what that is, until last month. It was basically a drug that helps you with your acne if the other acne prescription is not working. It's quite harsh. In US, you need to take pregnancy test before you use this pills because it would harm your child. So pregnant women cannot take this drug (from what I research).

Roaccutane 10 mg

Basically it was what it looks like, I drank for around 1 month. After that I saw good result on my skin. I drank it together with multivitamin which consist of vitamin A, C, E, Selenium, and Zinc.
Ultraway ACES
You would probably be find if you take another vitamin ACES, you don't need to use the same brand as this. 

After using roaccutane 10 mg for 1 month
This was my skin looks like after roaccutane. It last for I would say 8 - 10 months, and then my acne came back. I went to another dermatologist, Dr. dr. Sukmawati Tansil Tan, Sp. KK in Mayapada Hospital. I heard that she was specialized in dermatology and beauty. 
Now I'm still trying her prescription, and I will update it to you guys whether it works or not. My current acne was not as bad as before, but it was still in the chin area. 

After my consultation with the doctor, she said that acne in my chin area was very irritated that it even caused inflammation in a gland under my chin. She also told me that roaccutane could cause a dependence in using, and the acne could comeback after stop using it. 

Skincare kit from Dr. dr. Sukmawati Tansil Tan, Sp. KK

I will put the link to dr. Sukma if you are interested, but so far, so good for me. 


I'm sharing this information because I would like to share my experience with acne, and could help some people out there who also suffers from acne. Having acne is sucks, and sometimes it could leads to anxiety, and even depression. You don't feel good about yourself and it just awful. 

Just for your information, before I've tried so many things natural by went on 'Dairy diets', 'Eggs diet', being 'vegetarian' for several time, and my acne just didn't stop. I also cleansed my face twice a day, and never wear my make up to sleep. Yes, I would do anything just for getting my clear skin back.

If you also suffers from acne, do not stressed out. Your stress will leads into those satanic cystic hormonal acne! I hope that this post could help and wish you guys have a clear skin :)

PS. I'm quite new on blogging, so sorry if my flow of the story isn't very nice. Thanks for reading my blog.

Much love,

Sharleen Lee

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Gimana sis setelah pake dr.sukma itu? Kebetulan saya ada problem di komedo sm acne jg nih. Rencana mau kesana soalnya hihi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hai sis maaf baru bales.. jujur muka ku mendingan sih,, tapi jerawat masih tumbuh occasionally (kaya pas lagi period). so far mendingan. Hehe..cuma dia ngga lgsg kaya mulus gtu..

      Delete